Rick Ross and Young Jeezy came face-to-face, backstage, at the 2012 BET Hop-Hop Awards in Atlanta in late September. But, the pair haven’t really explained what happened, especially the Miami hip-hop star.
During his chat on Miami’s 99 Jamz this week, where he also addressed his recent tour cancellation, the rapper took some time out to talk Young Jeezy and 50 Cent. Rozay claimed he tried to choke his ATL rap peer, but security wouldn’t allow him.
“This was nothing personal to me,” Ross began. “At the BET Awards, it basically just boiled down to me running across Young Jeezy — he had security guards in front of him, five police officers behind him. When we crossed paths, I said ‘What’s up?’ Soon as he said, ‘What’s up?’, I tried to choke him. His security guards hemmed me up.”
While he maintained that his issues with Jeezy are “nothing personal”, he said if they crossed paths again, choking him is “an option.”
Ross also saluted 50 Cent for his business endeavors in boxing, but warned that in a year, he’ll hop into boxing as well… and then, they can beef over boxing.
Miami rapper Rick Ross has come forward to clarify recent reports surrounding the cancellation of dates on his Maybach Music Tour.
The Maybach Music Tour, which kicked off on November 2, was originally scheduled to run until December 2.
Representatives from Rick Ross confirmed AllHipHop.com that the tour was supposed to continue until December 16.
But the outing was abruptly canceled by promoters in Greensboro and Charlotte North Carolina.
Reps for Rick Ross told AllHipHop.com that the first leg of the tour was completed successfully without incident, but due to the “apparent lack of organization and communication on the part of the tour promoter,” the remaining dates of the Maybach Music Tour have officially been canceled.
“I want to apologize to all of my fans who I missed performing for due to the cancellations and want to let them know that I will get back to their cities,” Rick Ross told AllHipHop.com. “I enjoyed my experience with my little bros Wale and Meek Mill and I’m ready to get back in the studio to make good music.”
The official autopsy report of the Notorious B.I.G. finally leaked last week, offering details of how he died, his wounds, and even the fatal shot that killed him.
The report, which leaked on TMZ.com, caused a stir among fans and those close to him, especially his family.
The L.A.P.D. have since issued an apology to the family of the late Notorious B.I.G. for not warning them, prior to the release of the rapper’s autopsy, which comes more than 15 years after he was famously gunned down in L.A.
According to USA Today, detectives intended to notify the rapper’s family, but the report was released prematurely “due to an administrative error.”
“Our detectives personally spoke with the Wallace family (Friday) night, and apologized for not notifying them prior to the release… Obviously this has been a challenging case for us to solve. We hope that witnesses or other people with information will come forward and give us the clues we need to solve this case,” the statement ready.
Following the autopsy release, the Wallace family’s attorney criticized the police for releasing the report, and not solving the murder